Now that my hip is better and i can exercise again, I am back on my weight loss journey. My doctor reccomended i see a nutritionist, if i was interested that is. she said it may help me out. I know the basics on nutrition; the pyramid, the portion sizes etc. However i’m obviously missing something. Maybe i’m missing nutrients or something important that is getting in the way of my health. What do you all think about nutritionists? everyone i know has a very definite opinion so it is very hard for me to make a decision.
Some have been helped a great deal by nutritionists. They have lost weight, gotten healthy and learned a lot about their bodies and their over all health and wellness. They are very intent on me going to see one and getting all the help i can.
The rest have said it was pointless. All they learned was that you need to eat in moderation and here is the pyramid. I know this… the application however is the tough part. They told me it did nothing for them.
I am leaning towards going for a few reasons.
1. I have always had health problems. Joint issues from birth, mental health issues, immune system problems, chronic headaches, fatigue… the list goes on. I am all about all natural ways to cure things if and when it is possible and I do believe i could be lacking in some vitamins or nutrients that are required for my body to function correctly.
2. Though i know the basics of nutrition the application is not so easy. there are so many things you can and cannot eat that will actually damage your weight loss and such. A nutritionist should be able to help with this.
3. I know where my problem areas are and what i need to work on I just do not have the skills.
4. exercise is not a problem. I know how to do it, what to do and what my body is capable of and how far i can push it.
5. My insurance covers it and it is free currently. So even if it is not useful to me I am not wasting money. There is literally no draw back if it doesn’t go well.
6. My nutrition has obviously not done what i need it to do, and my doctors cannot find reasons for certain illnesses. Maybe the nutrition is the problem.
So, I am very unsure but am leaning towards seeing one, even if it is just to test it out and see. I will be having my mother, whom i live with right now, come too so we can learn together and support one an other. We shall see! What say you oh blogosphere?
For now, I am doing my best to begin exercise, slowly… and eat better.
I will lose weight and I will not hate myself. this is a journey to self acceptance and health. It is now or never.